Friday, October 24, 2008

Republican preoccupation with SNL

Newt Gingrich getting his stupid on. I guess Republicans don't really get satire. They don't get irony either. How else could he make that statement while on Fox News of all places. With a straight face!

To be fair, I would be pretty defensive too if I was always on the wrong side of every single issue. I'd like to think I'd be smart enough to change my mind however.

And speaking of changing minds, I enjoyed this analogy from David Sedaris' piece in The New Yorker about undecided voters:
To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

No comments: