Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The OTHER forgotten war

I don't like to say 'we told you so'...but we told you so. One of the most noticeable problems with going to war with Iraq was that it would strain our resources in Afghanistan. As I imagine just about anyone would agree, the real threat to American security came from the terrorists who were residing in Afghanistan and not the petty dictator a thousand miles away. Now it turns out that NATO forces are retreating from certain areas over there:
U.S. troops abandoned a remote outpost in eastern Afghanistan where militants killed nine American soldiers this week and insurgents briefly overran the area, officials said Wednesday, underlining the difficulties faced by forces in the border region.

Furthermore, if I was a certain candidate running for president- I would make it absolutely clear to the American people that the trouble in Afghanistan has its roots in the failed policy advocated by McCain. But what do I know, I am just a caveman graduate student.

No comments: