Saturday, September 23, 2006

It is about damn time

To those of you with a television, I am going to recommend you do something you have, hopefully, never done before. Turn on Fox News and watch Chris Wallace's interview of President Clinton. If you would rather not watch, you can get the transcript from Think Progress. Here is a little taste:

WALLACE: Do you think you did enough sir?

CLINTON: No, because I didn't get him (Osama Bin Laden).

WALLACE: Right…

CLINTON: But at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all the right wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try and they didn't… I tried. So I tried and failed. When I failed I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country, Dick Clarke… So you did FOX'’s bidding on this show. You did you nice little conservative hit job on me. But what I want to know.

This is EXACTLY what all good liberals and progressives should do when they go on Fox News. Call them on their bullshit out in the open and mock them. By being nice and polite we give this horrorshow of a 'news' network the appearance that it is a respected news source (I am looking at you Joe Lieberman). From personal experience, as this fine nation's Smart Ass Laureate, I can vouch for the power of mocking, there is no way you can effectively respond to someone that is mocking you. As an example, have you ever seen Steven Colbert or Jon Stewart taken off of their game when they are messing with someone? Never.

For too long, we have had Nice Sensible Democrats go on Fox News and this has made us look like a bunch of paste eating retards, it is about time a Real Democrat has gone to that journalistic wasteland and dished it out. I think this dynamic can be explained in one line from the best action movie ever made that featured only puppets.

UPDATE: Is Chris Wallace even-handed? Check out the evidence- here, here, here and here.

No comments: