- There is ample evidence already provided that would be grounds to open impeachment hearings on both Bush and Cheney
- Both the enemic Congress and the lax press bear responsibility for not moving swiftly to overdue impeachment hearings
- The very Constitution hangs in the balance
- Not holding Bush/Cheney to account would allow the next president, whether Democratic or Republican, unprecedented power to trample the civil rights of all Americans.
- Pelosi squandered her Constitutional duty by taking Impeachment "off the table"
- Impeachment is bigger than partisan battles, and calls for true statesmanship, not political calculations.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Just finished watching Bill Moyers Journal [PBS],which was Tough Talk on Impeachment. Moyers brought together progressive John Nichols [editor of The Nation] and Constitutional law expert and Reagan official Bruce Fein. Highlights included: