- The pre-War mission was to rid Iraq of WMD
- After the war began, the mission expanded
- Then the mission was complete
- But then it continued again
- Then the mission was to develop a free Iraq
- And to train the Iraqi troops
- Then it shifted to advancing democracy
- And protecting America from terrorists
- Then the mission was providing security for the Iraqi population
- Now?? Undefined
Ten separate missions in 5 years, and now it is not entirely clear just what the hell we are supposed to be doing over there.
Lastly, this is a pretty clear example of what the Democrats have to fight through with regards to the press. Democratic leaders have been saying since 2003 that the mission in Iraq was not entirely clear and that President Bush kept changing the goal posts. Yet, we have had nothing from the media pointing out, just like this post did, that the mission has never been certain.